Sunday, August 25, 2013

Butterflyweed Seeds August 25-26, 2013

Today I am joining three great memes:

Straight Out Of the Camera Sunday
Macro Monday 2
Monday Mellow Yellows

Butterflyweed, Asclepias tuberosa, June 16, 2013

Now my Butterflyweed has seeds! Other than adding my name, this photo is SOOC
I caught these seeds and put them in an envelope.
I will sow them later when I decide where I want them to grow.
If anyone has any experience growing Butterflyweed from seeds, I would be glad of any advice.

Hope you are having a beautiful day!

For more Straight-Out-Of-the-Camera Sunday photos: Click Here!

For more Macro Monday 2 photos: Click Here

For more Monday Mellow Yellows: Click Here!

18 comments:

  1. I didn't notice any seeds on mine. It would be nice if it has some, becauseI wouldn't mind having some more. That's a very nice photo of the flower and seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What stunning colours, and beautifully captured. Now I have to look this plant up to see if we have them here. Even the seedheads are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen this flower before. Multi-coloured beauty. And so love the delicate filaments sprouting from the seeds too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have beautiful pictures on your blog! Thanks for visiting mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Butterfly weeds are so pretty. :)

    Happy Monday

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flower colors are so pretty. I recently realized milkweeds are in the same family as my Hoya vine, the five-pointed flowers are so cool the way they are designed to open by unfolding little triangles from the buds. I have a tiny plant, perhaps next year it will bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't have any butterfly weed in England so I can't help you, but it looks lovely - the seeds are wonderfully photogenic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful shots! I also love the seeds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blossoms are very pretty but the seeds are just mesmerizing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful blossoms -- thank you for sharing with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful, Lea! They really brightend up my day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool picture of the seeds. I've never had any luck growing it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad I decided to come find this. It is also called tropical milkweed. This kind grows best in warmer zones. I forgot where you live.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments!

Thank you for visiting!