Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Wordless Wednesday October 17 2012

Poison Sumac, Toxicodendron vernix

For more Wordless Wednesday photos Click Here!


10 comments:

  1. I love the bright red of sumac this time of year, especially when the sun hits it just...so. Thankfully, we do not have the poisonous variety up here, but smooth and staghorn. My WW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking that we have the non poisonous variety here in NW Arkansas, but I could be wrong. Still, the vibrant red color is a great addition to the autumn landscape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are correct - Arkansas has the non-poisonous variety of Sumac.
      Happy Wordless Wednesday!
      Lea
      Lea's Menagerie

      Delete
  3. Too wonderful to be dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful plant. I had one in my garden and when I dug it up to relocate to a better place-well let's just say, many doctor bills later....I seem to be highly allergic to the roots and or leaves of this plant, don't know if it affects everyone that way. I will admire from afar now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most people are allergic to this plant, though there is a kind of Sumac that is not poisonous. This one is at the edge of the woods where it gives pretty Autumn color, but I don't dare touch it.
      Have a great day!
      Lea
      Lea's Menagerie

      Delete
  5. Amazing how these green leaves became red !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bold reds of the sumacs in the fall.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments!

Thank you for visiting!